Attractions | Dining | Parades | Special Events | News
Opened in 1955, this is the original built under the direct supervision of the man himself Walt Disney. Since it’s opening in 1955 many upgrades and new additions have taken place including the addition of entire lands (New Orleans Square in 1966, Critter Country in 1972 and Mickey’s Toontown in 1993). With over 16 million guests visiting the park each year it is one of the most visited parks in the world.
Disneyland is made up of eight themed lands in a pattern similar to a wheel with Sleeping Beauty’s Castle marking the middle (also known as the weenie). As you find your way to the end of Main Street, USA you will have your pick or paths leading to these areas:
- Main Street, USA – Takes you back to small town America in the early 1900’s. Walt Disney derived inspiration from his boyhood town of Marceline, Missouri and he worked closely with the architects to develop a true Main St appeal.
- Tomorrowland – A land devoted to the future.
- Fantasyland – A classic fairy-tale experience. Princesses, Knights, Pixie dust and more. As Walt said, “What youngster has not dreamed of flying with Peter Pan over moonlit London, or tumbling into Alice’s nonsensical Wonderland? In Fantasyland, these classic stories of everyone’s youth have become realities for youngsters – of all ages – to participate in.”
- Frontierland – Experience pioneer days on the American Frontier.
- Adventureland – Themed to remote jungles of Asia, Africa, or South America, Adventureland takes you through the jungle on a cruise and singing with Tiki birds.
- New Orleans Square – Walk along the street of New Orleans.
- Critter Country – Formally Bear Country and themed after the forests of the pacific northwest.
- Mickey’s Toontown – Inspired from the movie Who Framed Roger Rabit, Toontown is the home to Mickey and Minnie’s houses.
(check your times guides to verify the time during your stay)
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade (times vary based on Fantasmic schedule)
- Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort (Sep 13 – Oct 31, 2013)